Register your company
- Please register on Unite.
- You will then receive an email asking you to confirm your email address.
- Next, log in to Unite.
- Set up your company in ‘Account Management’ and fill in all the required fields, such as a business address, VAT ID, a link to your imprint and the primary contact person.
- Then click on the banner at the bottom of the page to create a BusinessShop.
Create a BusinessShop
- You can now create your BusinessShop in ‘App Management’.
- Specify the:
- Name of your BusinessShop
- Catalogue language
- E-procurement system (see info box below).
- When opting for the Mercateo Procurement Portal, you’ll also have to choose a transaction model.
- Furthermore, decide whether customers can activate your BusinessShop automatically or if you prefer to manually approve their activation request.
- After submitting these details, please continue by completing all the required fields you can find in the ‘App Management’ section, such as contact person and bank details. Also, remember to upload your logo.
Choose the e-procurement system which you want to create your BusinessShop for.
Create your BusinessShop for Mercateo customers.
You can choose different transaction models to meet the needs of your customers and your own requirements.
Create your BusinessShop for e-procurement systems* like SAP Ariba.
*Not all e-procurement systems are available in all countries yet. Please contact us for more systems.
A BusinessShop for those e-procurement systems is based on the Commissionaire Model, where a commission agent handles the transactions.
Prepare your product catalogue
- Your BusinessShop on Unite will need a product catalogue, product images, and possibly data sheets.
- How you transfer the product catalogue will depend on the e-procurement system you chose in step 2 – see dropdowns below for more details.
Too much effort? We can create the catalogue for you:
If you can’t deliver your catalogue in the Unite CSV or XML format, or if any catalogue information is missing, we have the ideal solution. You simply send us your files – in any format that suits you – and we’ll create your catalogue for you.
› Find out more about Catalogue Transform
Send us your product catalogue by sFTP (secure File Transfer Protocol).
Prepare your catalogue now. We will send you the sFTP access data for uploading your catalogue after you’ve submitted your BusinessShop application (step 5).
In the following guides, we explain the most important steps to uploading your catalogue:
- Creating the product catalogue (BMECat or CSV)
- Transferring product images
- Transferring the product catalogue by sFTP
Transferring stock level display by CSV or via real-time query
Good to know:
Once you’ve created a catalogue, you can easily and quickly manage it in ‘Catalogue Management’. We’ll provide a preview of your catalogue and related test results, enabling you to fix any errors quickly and make technical and content-related adjustments to your data. You determine whether and when to publish your catalogue.
Upload your product catalogue to the Unite Portal. Please note our formats and requirements.
How to transfer your catalogue:
Please log in to your Unite account on portal.unite.eu.
Select ‘App Management’, then click on ‘Details’. Next, select ‘Catalogue Versions’ on the left and click on ‘Upload Catalogue’.
Upload the catalogue from your files and click ‘Save and continue’. Then upload your media data in the form of photos or PDFs. Alternatively, you can store links to your media data in the catalogue. In the ‘check log’, you can see whether the upload was successful.
You need a supplemental agreement to work with SAP Ariba. Please complete the ‘SAP Ariba Spot Buy Request Form’ online. You’ll then receive the contract documents from SAP Ariba.
Add your supplier data
E-procurement system: Mercateo
Fill out the Unite supplier activation form online. You’ll need to log in to your Mercateo account for this. If you don’t have an account yet, please register first. Also, select the transaction model you’ve already chosen in step 2.
E-procurement system: SAP Ariba or other
To complete the Unite supplier activation form, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Submit your BusinessShop & upload your catalogue
Once you’ve provided all your BusinessShop information, you need to submit it for reviewal and upload your catalogue. When you submit, you also confirm the contractural basis for this arrangement.
Proceed as follows, depending on the chosen e-procurement system:
Mercateo Procurement Portal:
After you have submitted your BusinessShop, we’ll send you access data to our sFTP server, so you can upload your product catalogue.
SAP Ariba or other e-procurement system:
Before you can submit your BusinessShop, you’ll be asked to upload your catalogue in the ’App Management’ section.
- Mercateo Procurement Portal:
After your catalogue is uploaded and your BusinessShop is submitted, we’ll take care of the configuration and testing for you. We’ll check your data and contact you if we need anything further.
As soon as we have all required information and completed the configuration process, your BusinessShop will go live. When it does, we’ll email you a confirmation to let you know.
Important to know
Code of Conduct
We expect everyone in the Unite Network to follow our principles of fairness and transparency. Thank you for agreeing to follow our Code of Conduct for Business Partners.
Please note that your contract will only come into effect when your BusinessShop goes live. Your contractual conditions depend on the transaction model you’ve chosen:
If you’ve chosen to use our Order Forwarding transaction model, click here to review your contractual conditions.
If you’ve chosen to use our Commissionaire transaction model, click here to review your contractual conditions.
If you’ve chosen to use our Commissionaire Plus transaction model, click here to review your contractual conditions.